Aims of our school
We are an ambitious school. We work hard to ensure that every pupil can achieve their full potential during their time with us and become the very best version of themselves that they can be.
It is about being a good friend as much as mastering mathematics. It is about learning to ask questions and to embrace challenges as much as it is about accurate spelling. It is about independence and team work, self-belief and consideration of others, just as much as it is about good grammar and confident reading. We celebrate success, we think carefully about how we can do better and we listen to and learn from each other.
Above all, we are a happy school that puts the pupils at the heart of all we do
“We like to make other people happy by helping them. We have lots of fun learning at our school” (Nelly in Class 3)
Our aims, as a Church of England School, are to:
- Create a happy, safe environment where all children feel valued and where all their achievements are celebrated.
- Help each child acquire, through a carefully planned and challenging curriculum, the skills necessary to develop full potential in all areas of learning. We believe that this should be built on a foundation of essential Literacy and Numeracy skills and a confident and positive approach to learning.
- Support each child as a whole person, by helping them to develop morally, spiritually, emotionally, culturally, physically and socially, giving due weight to these aspects of their education.
- Encourage each child to be a respectful and caring citizen.
- Encourage children to be confident, positive and independent in their attitude to learning and life.
- Support children in adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Ensure that children are given the appropriate care and guidance to keep safe throughout their lives.
We work in partnership with the children, their parents and the community to achieve these aims and we seek to model our ethos and values in all we do.