Our designated Safeguarding Lead in School is Mrs Emma Roberts
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Persons are Miss Lisa Jenkin and Mrs Lorraine Parry
The Nominated Governor for Safeguarding is Mrs Sue Dean
The school has adopted the definition of the term ‘Safeguarding’ used in the Children Act 2004
In summary this is:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- undertaking the role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
The school’s safeguarding arrangements cover all aspects of life at school, in particular addressing these issues:
- health and safety;
- other harassment and discrimination, including racism;
- physical intervention;
- meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions;
- provision of medical first aid;
- drug and substance abuse;
- off site visits;
- intimate care;
- internet and communications safety;
- physical security of the school site;
- protection from maltreatment; and
- recruitment and vetting of staff and visitors to the school.
To view our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy please click here.
To view a copy of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 please click here.
To view a copy of Working Together to Safeguard Children please click here.
To view a parent information pamphlet on the Prevent Strategy please click here.
To view a copy of our E-Safety Policy please click here.