Transition into Symondsbury
We are really excited about welcoming our new families to Symondsbury.
A smooth transition from home to school is very important, we want children to feel safe, happy and secure in their new environment.
As part of our transition process we will:
- visit your child in their pre-school setting, chat with key workers and spend time getting to know your child
- invite your child to spend 3 afternoons with us, meeting their new teachers, new friends and becoming familiar with their new classroom
- invite parents to an information session
- hold individual parents meetings to discuss your child's strengths, interests and any concerns you may have
- plan a home visit for September
- plan a 'Reading and Phonics Workshop' for September to support parents in supporting their children
If you need any more information, please contact the school office.